How to apply
CAITLIN’S KICKSTART AWARD
CKA was founded in 2001 to provide financial aid to successful Ludlow College applicants in their first year of higher education. CKA has traditionally provided cash awards of £1,000 to successful applicants. Since its foundation as a registered charity, the Trustees have gifted more than £30,000 to recipients of CKA. The Award depends entirely for its funding on the generosity of the community. We receive no help from governmental agencies.
Who can apply?
Any student in any field who plans to continue formal education in the next academic year can apply. Students planning a gap year can apply the year after they leave college if they provide proof of their UCAS application. Moneys are awarded once students have started university.
What do you need to do?
- You will need one sheet of A4 paper to tell us what you want us to know about you—your life thus far, your hopes, dreams, favourite activities and hobbies, contributions to life at Ludlow College and elsewhere—and how you think the award would help you with your plans. Please do not use the Personal Statement you composed for your UCAS application.
- You are also invited to submit a piece of original work which represents your life dreams. It might be a picture, a poem, the lyrics to a song, a DVD or power point, a model or mood box or story—something you care about creating. Criteria are deliberately flexible and wide-ranging.
Remember to include:
- Clear personal and contact details including:
- Your full name and date of birth
- Postal address
- Landline and mobile numbers
- Email address
- Names of your personal tutor and subject teachers
- A photo of yourself
- A copy of your UCAS personal statement
- One sheet of A4 paper telling us about yourself (see point 1 above)
- Your piece of original work (see point 2 above)
- Don’t forget to put your name on each item you send in!
THE FINAL 2017 DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Tuesday 2nd May, 2017
Please bring or send applications, marked Caitlin’s Kickstart Award, Confidential, to:
Sally Cassels, Student Services,
Ludlow College, Castle Square, Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 1GD
THE MARY HAYTER MEMORIAL AWARD is offered nationally to students with a disability who are engaged in full or part time education and who would benefit from a cash grant to to help with project-related expenses. The first recipient in 2014 of the Mary Hayter Award of £1,000 is Imogen Godwin, who required a Braille-dedicated computer for her course work. Applicants are invited to apply personally. You may also nominate a candidate for this Award. Introductory letters to our Contact Us page, or by regular post:
Mary Hayter Memorial Award, c/o CKA, 25 High Street, Clun, Shropshire SY7 8JB
CAITLIN’S KICKSTART PRIZE FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT is an occasional award [up to £1,000] offered to applicants/recipients/supporters past and present of CKA who have realised their dreams in their chosen endeavour. Applicants are invited to apply personally, and may also be nominated for this Prize. The first CKA recipient in 2014 of the Outstanding Achievement Prize is Sophie Hayter. You are invited to apply personally, or to nominate a candidate for this Award. Introductory letters to our Contact Us page, or by regular post:
CKA Prize for Outstanding Achievement, c/o CKA, 25 High Street, Clun, Shropshire SY7 8JB